Glacé Kansas City, MO

Wowwowowowow. I have not posted in a long time. Weeks ago I was in Kansas City before Madeline and I embarked on our Katy Trail adventure. As a Missourian, I have wanted to go to Glacé artisan ice cream for a long time now, even though I still maintain that St. Louis is the superior Missouri city. Glacé was opened by Christopher Elbow who is also a renowned chocolatier. Glacé offered some unique flavors, as well as some classics.

Curry Cashew on top and Salted Pretzel on bottom.


After much deliberation, I picked Salted Pretzel and Curry Cashew. I have thought about how delicious a curry ice cream would be for a long time and I was pumped to try some.

The Curry Cashew was awesome. It was spicy; not hot spicy, but flavorful spicy. The cream and the cashew added a fattiness and nuttiness to the flavor that rounded out the curry nicely. While the curry was flavorful and rich, it wasn't so strong that I couldn't taste the cream underneath or the cashew. And on that note, I will say that the cream Glacé uses is delicious. There were also a few very small pieces of cashew in my scoop.

I knew I wanted to order the Curry Cashew, and I wasn't sure what would go well with it. I thought the Salted Pretzel might, and the two did end up complimenting each other well. The salted pretzel tasted exactly like a salted pretzel. There were no pretzel chunks in there so I'm not sure how they did it. Maybe infused the cream with pretzels and added salt? I'm not sure but I loved this one. However, I think I would like some pretzel pieces in there to add some crunch.

Colin got Chocolate Peanut Butter, Christopher Elbow Dark Chocolate, and Salted Pretzel. He is also a lovely hand model.


While these were great bases, they could both use some texture or something to add some variety. They both earn 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd