Blue Bunny Peppermint Bark Bunny Snacks

I'm convinced collective stress is a thing. I'm not taking classes and therefore don't have to take any finals. My teaching load this semester is very light. In theory, the end of the semester should mean I feel like I have more time than usual to work on my own work, but instead I FEEL SO STRESSED AND OMG FINALS AND OMG I HAVE SO MUCH WORK AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO MATH! I think I'm just suffering the stress of the rest of the university population.

So that's why the blog has been pretty dead the past few weeks. BUT. Minter is still in full swing, so you definitely want to hear about more mint and peppermint treats. Blue Bunny Peppermint Bark Bunny Snacks are pink peppermint ice cream with a layer of fudge enrobed in white chocolate with red peppermint candy pieces drizzled with milk chocolate.



In short, these were not great. The Bunny Snacks are are fairly new for Blue Bunny, and it seems like they haven't yet hit their stride with these treats. Pink peppermint ice cream was a hallmark of the holidays in my childhood, so I definitely have a soft spot for the stuff even thought I now find it a little too sweet and prefer a mintier peppermint ice cream. The peppermint ice cream here was unremarkable as far as pink peppermint ice creams go - sweet, sugary, minty.


I think a chocolate shell would have worked better than the white chocolate shell. The white chocolate shell felt little waxy and the flavor wasn't strong or deep enough to provide a counterpoint to the sweet peppermint ice cream. The peppermint candies gave the shell a nice crunch.


The layer of fudge tasted fine, but was an odd addition to an ice cream treat that you eat with your hands. The fudge was still liquid, so biting into the bunny snack, you had to be careful not to let the fudge drip out all over your hands. Maybe a chocolate cookie would have worked better.

Sadly, I'm only rating this šŸ¦.5/4. I really like Blue Bunny and really hoped these would rock, but I just didn't enjoy them.  :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd